We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy online and have taken steps to protect the information you share with us. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the logon ID and password you may have set up in connection with your participation in any GoHome.
GoHome does collect certain personal information in order to provide you with customized services, content, and advertisements. Some personal information is gathered when you register to receive certain GoHome services or products. We may also ask you for personal information at other times, for example when you enter a contest, or other promotion. The better we know you, the better we can tailor our services to meet your needs. We may share the collected data with a sponsor or other third party who is interested in serving you. You may inform us at any time not to share your personal information with third parties by sending us an e-mail message. Further, you always have the right to review the personal information we have collected and request that it be corrected if any inaccuracies exist.
Uses of Registration Information
Basic registration requires you to provide us a login name and password, your legal name, address, current email address and contact number.
For reward redemption programs or promotions occasionally offered on the site, GoHome may ask participants for additional personal data necessary to run the programs or notify winners.
Any information you may provide to third parties in the course of purchasing any products and services which may be featured on GoHome, is subject to the privacy policies of those organizations. GoHome requires companies featured on GoHome that also request personal data to facilitate purchases of their goods or services, to clearly display their own privacy policies covering the use of that data.
Privacy of Personal Data on GoHome
The data you provide us is stored on secure servers. You may occasionally receive from us at your designated e-mail address notifications of new GoHome features or offers. You may opt out of receiving those notifications at the time you set your personal preferences. Please remember to change your personal preferences for each e-mail address that you may have registered with us. GoHome, however, reserves the right to disclose personal identifying information when required or permitted by law.
Use of Personal Data
The personal data provided by the customers may be used by the Company for the purpose of :
- a. promotion and marketing of the services, products, reward or loyalty programmes and/or events of the Company and/or the Group Companies*;
- b. classes of services, products and subjects of range of categories of specific services may be marketed including but not limited to the following list of classes of services, products and subjects: -
- i. property and property related;
- ii. real estate agency related;
- iii. serviced apartment;
- iv. interior design;
- v. home services;
- vi. lifestyle, health and luxury;
- vii. legal services;
- viii. mortgage and mortgage referral;
- ix. banking;
- x. financial;
- xi. wealth management; and/or
- xii. insurance;
- c. compliance with the applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as the guidelines, practice circulars, code of ethics and practice directions issued by the regulatory authorities and applicable to the Company;
- d. collection of outstanding sums from customers;
- e. legal proceedings and/or enforcement of judgments and/or orders; and/or
- f. purposes relating to any of the above.
- g. performance of estate agency works;
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data of customers held by the Company may be transferred to the following parties and may be transferred outside Hong Kong:-
- a. the agents, contractors and/or services providers who provide services to the Company in connection with the business, operation and/or development;
- b. co-operative estate agents;
- c. companies within the Group Companies*;
- d. law firms, banks, financial institutions, insurers, mortgage referral services providers and/or wealth management services providers;
- e. government agencies, regulatory bodies and/or other lawful authorities;
- f. courts, tribunals and/or parties to the legal proceedings; and/or
- g. debt collection agencies.
Retention of Personal Data
The Company has implemented internal control measures to prevent unauthorized access of personal data. Personal data of customers will be retained by the Company for 7 years from the date of signing of the provisional agreement of sale and purchase, or the provisional agreement for tenancy (as the case may be) or such longer period as prescribed by applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as guidelines, practice circulars, code of ethics and practice directions issued by the regulatory authorities and applicable to the Company
The Company will cease to use the personal data of the customers for direct marketing if the customers so request. Customers who do not wish to receive direct marketing calls or materials may write to the Data Protection Officer of the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or 18/F., Tai Yip Building, 141 Thomson Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
GoHome H.K. Co. Ltd. ("the Company") recognizes and respects one right’s to privacy of personal identifiable information such as a person's name, contact number, address, sex, age, occupation, marital status, photo, identity card number, credit information, etc. ("the Personal Data") and pledges to observe and comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance with a devotion to protect on-line privacy on Personal Data.
The Company may require visitors of our web site ("the Customers") to provide the Personal Data in the course of their browsing of our web site; or through our web site, inquiring, subscribing and/or submitting applications for any information, services, products, schemes or registration of memberships operated, supplied and provided by the Company. Personal Data may also be collected on-line from our Customers without his or her awareness through the use of various technical operations.
The Personal Data collected or to be collected in future by the Company may be used for the following purposes:
- a. facilitating our provisions of services/products including but not limited to the estate agency, on-line shopping, e-commerce or any other related services/products to the Customers;
- b. sending or e-mailing to the Customers direct marketing and promotional materials of a diverse range of services/products provided/supplied by the Company from time to time. The Customers may write to our Data Protection Officer if they do not wish to receive such materials from the company;
- c. identifying the winners’ or Customers’ identity when collecting the winning prizes or free gifts from the Company;
- d. compiling aggregate statistics about the Customers registering with the Company;
- e. observing and complying with legal and regulatory requirements or orders of competent authorities in HKSAR or other jurisdiction.
The Personal Data collected and held by the Company may be provided to third parties including but not limited to the holding, subsidiaries or associated companies of the Company; the contractors and agents of the Company; the Company’s advertisers; and the parties under a duty of confidentiality to the Company.
While the Company shall use our best endeavors to ensure that the Personal Data collected by the Company will be securely kept in our storage system with only authorized personnel be allowed to gain access to such Personal Data, given the open and global nature of the on-line service, the Company may not be able to protect and secure such Personal Data from any deliberate third party interference. It will be outside the ambit of policy of the Company on privacy of Personal Data while the Customers activate any link and access to web sites operated by other third party.
The Company reserves the right at any time to amend this statement. Request for access and correction of Personal Data or for information in relation to the Company’s policy and practice on privacy of personal data should be addressed in writing to: Data Protection Officer, GoHome H.K. Co. Ltd., 18/F., Tai Yip Building, 141 Thomson Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
*"Group Companies" shall mean any and/or all of the companies as specified in the website of the Company as group companies.